Traditional corned beef hash
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups corned beef, cooked, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 – 3cups potatoes, cooked, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Ffresh parsley
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp grainy dijon
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Cook potatoes in simmering water until fork tender, or 3-4 minutes.
- Cook onion and red pepper in oil until softened, add potato and brown.
- Add corned beef.
- When heated through, add grainy dijon and parsley, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Top with green onions and poached eggs.
Ingredients for the poached eggs
- 2L water
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Heat water in sauce pan with vinegar and salt.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Crack eggs into bowl or ramekin.
- Stir water to create whirlpool effect, add eggs to simmering water one by one.
- Turn water down to medium low heat, let poach for 4 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Remove with slotted spoon.